How It Works
The Kinleven Yacht Mast Ladder is a simple and stable solution which will allow you to climb your mast solo and with minimal preparation.
- Hoisted on a Halyard
- Stabilised by the climber's weight on its 3 line webbing construction
- Secured by sail slides in the Luff Groove, or other Sail Management System
- Carefully designed for grip, comfort, practicality, strength, durability and ease of climbing.
Made to Measure
Our Mast Ladders are made to measure so that, while the top rung is just a metre below the masthead sheave, the bottom rung is neither too high nor too low, in other words, within easy reach of the boom (not too high), and not in the way if you want to pre-tension your ladder by tying off at the foot of your mast (not too low).
We do this by taking the precise ladder length and calculating the distance required between each rung to the nearest millimetre. We balance spacing with the number of rungs to keep within a “comfortable climbing” range. For “Racing” versions, we can fit fewer rungs spaced further apart to save on weight.
5 Year Guarantee
Though not as familiar or available as the old Bosun’s Chair, variations on this type of mast climbing kit have been around in one form or other for many years. Since we started, we’ve been making continual improvements to our own version - to make the best version we could - one we feel happy to give a 5 year guarantee on. More than once, we’ve given the whole thing a thorough re-think; to improve the practicality of the end-product and make producing it sustainable and efficient.
- We’ve developed assembly jigs to incorporate and refine our unique fid-technique for riveting through the webbing. This means that damage to the webbing is eliminated and the full strength of the webbing is retained.
- We’ve designed the rungs to enhance the assembly’s strength as a unit, the ladder’s compactness when rolled up and the users’ comfort and safety when climbing. As you can see in some of our images, some people find them comfortable enough to go up in bare feet.
- We send our ladders out in two bags: a dry-bag and a drying-bag. The drying-bag makes it easier to dry the ladder off, if it should get wet or need rinsing with fresh water. The dry-bag protects the ladder in between uses and is more convenient for carrying and stowage.
Highest Quality Materials
We cannot stress enough how important it is to us that our product be both safe and lasting. This is why we have been painstakingly thorough in our choice of materials and suppliers. Quality lasts, and keeps you safe.